Impel's Operations functions begin with the conclusion of a sale and go on to cover everything that a mid-size company needs in running its business, going much beyond normal CRM. Orders converted from Quotes can be set up in various statuses, with manual status control and/or with workflows triggering status changes. Alerts and escalations can be built around every status or change, tracking both internal effectiveness and customer focus at every stage. Invoices against Orders (or stand-alone) can be assigned inventory from specific shipments. Whether orders/invoices are generated online or on a phone/tablet, they can processed through one set of workflows that operate in a predictable, scalable manner.
- Orders, invoices, collections, etc. can be generated online or on a phone/tablet; collections can even be recorded via SMS.
- Purchase Orders can be used to track inventory purchases, then received into various branches.
- Discounts can be set up to be calculated at line level or at transaction level using a flexible near-programmable Discount Calculation Engine.
- Transaction numbering can be very detailed and specific, generating different numbering and formats based on branch, product, state, product type, time-frame, etc.
- Product price can be set at the Product level or can be taken from the newest/oldest highest/lowest price from Inventory receipts.
- Taxes can be set up at the Product-State level and can handle regulatory variances like some States charging taxes on the (discounted) invoice amount, with others on the MRP.
- Taxes can be calculated in addition to product price OR as a deduction of product price (as with Pharma and FMCG products).
- Routing to fulfillment based on PIN Code, to specific branch, branch's operating area can be mapped to a set of PIN Codes, Taluks, Districts or States; all PIN Codes, Taluks, Districts and States in India are already set up in Impel.